FREELANCE SEO SPECIALIST
Do you have a passion for digital marketing?
Are you inspired to creat a quality online presence for a business? Do you have a mind for data-driven analysis and storytelling? do you continually seek to improve the quality of your work?
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, residential, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
Freelance SEO Specialist
The person in this role will be responsible for executing search engine optimization (SEO) strategies on a monthly basis, including on-page SEO, local SEO, blogging, link building, and more. This job requires a person that has a data-driven mindset and can identify trends in keyword rankings to capture opportunities to improve the client’s SEO. This individual will also be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of SEO services, and will report to the Interactive Manager on successes and areas that need focus.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- 2+ years of SEO experience
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge of SEO strategies/tactics
- Must demonstrate an ability to write
- Experience in student housing, commercial real estate, multifamily housing, university marketing, senior living, finance, or real estate development is a plus
- Experience in other digital marketing services (email, web development, SEM, or social media) is a plus
Please show some examples of improvements in SEO over the course of a campaign in your cover letter.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Search Engine Optimization Skills
- Demonstrated ability to outline and execute a long-term SEO strategy
- Ability to research and prioritize organic keywords
- Ability to set up analytics platforms and tracking
- Ability to execute on-page SEO strategies in both front- and back-end web development
- Ability to execute local SEO strategies and listing management
- Ability to research, write, publish, and promote blog content
- Ability to evaluate link profiles and identify link opportunities
- Experience in social media marketing is a plus
- Experience with Google AdWords or SEM campaigns is a plus
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of WordPress CMS
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with data-driven reporting and storytelling
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Contribute openly regarding recommendations, research, strategies, and efficiencies
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Effectively plan and organize your day-to-day priorities — handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work for clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor