FREELANCE SEM SPECIALIST
Do you have a passion for digital marketing?
Are you inspired to creat a quality online presence for a business? Do you have a mind for data-driven analysis and storytelling? do you continually seek to improve the quality of your work?
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, residential, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
Freelance SEM Specialist
The person in this role will be responsible for executing search engine marketing (SEM) strategies on a monthly basis, including AdWord campaign setups, optimizations following Catalyst and Google best practices, keyword research, and more. This job requires a person that has a data-driven mindset and can identify analytical and creative opportunities to improve the client’s SEM performance. This individual will also be responsible for creating performance reports with campaign data and recommendations to the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- 1+ years of SEM experience
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge of the Google AdWords platform
- Must demonstrate overall knowledge of campaign strategies on the Google Search Network and Google Display Network
- Experience in student housing, commercial real estate, multifamily housing, university marketing, senior living, finance, or real estate development is a plus
- Experience in social media marketing (SMM) or other digital marketing services (email, web development, or SEO) is a plus
Please provide 5 campaign tactics to improve a Search with Display Select campaign in your cover letter.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Search Engine Marketing Skills
- Demonstrated ability to launch an SEM campaign on the Google AdWords platform
- Ability to research relevant keywords
- Ability to set up remarketing lists and conversion tracking
- Ability to identify and implement relevant keyword matching
- Ability to analyze an ongoing campaign and implement strategies to increase performance
- Ability to review landing pages and provide recommended updates to increase performance
- Ability to write ad copy for text ads and provide creative direction for display ads
- Ability to study for and pass the Search Advertising Exam, Mobile Advertising Exam, and Display Advertising exam
- Experience in managing Facebook and Instagram campaigns is a plus
- Understanding of Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Google Display Planner
- Experience with data-driven reporting and storytelling
- Contribute openly regarding recommendations, research, strategies, and efficiencies
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Effectively plan and organize priorities — handling multiple campaigns efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards