Freelance Front-End Designer/Developer
Do you have a passion for digital marketing?
Are you inspired to creat a quality online presence for a business? Do you have a mind for data-driven analysis and storytelling? do you continually seek to improve the quality of your work?
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, residential, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
Freelance Front-end Designer/Developer
The freelance front-end designer/developer role centers around our client websites and the digital components of our integrated marketing campaigns including landing pages and emails. This role is critical because it serves up the touchpoints where our clients’ prospects become leads and ultimately convert to business. Our front-end designer/developers are aware of how the marketing process works and have targeted their skills toward supporting the marketing process.
The role is about 90% front-end design. However, we added the “/developer” because there is the occasional API integration with a leasing system or an improvement to reporting automation that requires knowledge in these areas. We are looking to grow our base of business in the API integration space with common leasing systems such as Yardi, RealPage, and others so if you have experience in that area, we welcome it!
We offer our clients both template and custom options, always built out on the WordPress platform. We currently use the Divi framework, but we are also developing our own framework in the near future.
Our sites are initially built with on-page SEO, mobile responsiveness, page speed, and other factors Google requires, and are designed to accommodate an ongoing SEO program. Additional skills in UX/UI design, analytics, A/B testing, and other digital marketing services are required.
Integrated Marketing Campaigns
Once a brand is established, our focus is on leasing up our clients’ properties. We drive traffic through integrated marketing campaigns that consist of print deliverables such as posters, flyers, and mailers; ad placements on Google and social media networks; and, where this role comes in, emails, landing pages, and lead reporting.
The person in this role will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and executing email marketing initiatives for each of our clients using our marketing tool, Act-On. In this role, you will be responsible for building out email campaigns with the provided assets from the creative team, including layout, copy, and art.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in web design, marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field.
- 3+ years of web design/development experience
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Experience in student housing, commercial real estate, multifamily housing, university marketing, senior living, finance, or real estate development is a plus
- Experience in other digital marketing services (search engine or social media marketing) is a plus
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Web Design/Development Skills
- Proficiency in WordPress CMS including the WYSIWYG editor interface as well as the PHP structure, the loop, and preferred plugins such as Gravity Forms
- Proficiency in web markup including HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS
- Proficiency in responsive design/mobile first concepts and principles
- Working knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility with efficient troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
Integrated Campaign Skills
- Proficiency in developing and executing email campaigns
- Proficiency in landing page best practices
- Create, test, and schedule email campaigns
- Experience with A/B testing is a plus
- Report on campaign metrics and provide strategic recommendations
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Good understanding of data visualization
- Familiarity with benchmarks standards – conversion rates, click through rates, cost per lead, etc., is a plus
- Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel/Google Sheets
Communication & Organizational Skills
- Communicate clearly and accurately on project statuses and deadlines and deliver accordingly
- Ability to create efficient workflows, bulk process repeated/routine workflows, and set boundaries on your calendar to stay focused
- Ability to work directly with a copywriter, a graphic designer, and a proofreader
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Contribute openly regarding recommendations, research, strategies, and efficiencies in client meetings and internal brainstorms
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Effectively plan and organize your day-to-day priorities — handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor