SEO and SEM Specialist
Do you have a passion for digital marketing?
Are you inspired to create a quality online presence for a business? Do you have a mind for data-driven analysis and storytelling? Do you continually seek to improve the quality of your work?
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, residential, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
SEO and SEM Specialist
The person in this role will be responsible for executing search engine optimization (SEO) tactics on a monthly basis, including on-page SEO, local SEO, blogging, link building, and more.
This person will also be responsible for executing search engine marketing (SEM) strategies on a monthly basis, including AdWords campaign setups, optimizations following Catalyst and Google best practices, keyword research, and more.
Finally, this individual will be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of both SEO and SEM services, and analyzing the data to tell a story when reporting to clients.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- 2+ years of SEO and/or SEM experience
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge of SEO/SEM strategies/tactics
- Must demonstrate an ability to write
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge of the Google AdWords platform
- Experience in student housing, commercial real estate, multifamily housing, university marketing, senior living, finance, or real estate development is a plus
- Experience in other digital marketing services (email, web development, SEM, or social media) is a plus
Please show some examples of improvements in SEO and/or SEM over the course of a campaign in your cover letter.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Search Engine Optimization Skills
- Demonstrated ability to outline and execute a long-term SEO strategy
- Ability to research and prioritize organic keywords
- Ability to set up analytics platforms and tracking
- Ability to execute on-page SEO strategies in both front- and back-end web development
- Ability to execute local SEO strategies and listing management
- Ability to research, write, publish, and promote blog content
Search Engine Marketing Sklls
- Demonstrated ability to launch an SEM campaign on the Google AdWords platform
- Ability to research relevant keywords
- Ability to analyze an ongoing campaign and implement strategies to increase performance
- Ability to review landing pages and provide recommended updates to increase performance
- Ability to write ad copy for text ads and provide creative direction for display ads
- Ability to study for and pass the Search Advertising Exam, Mobile Advertising Exam, and Display Advertising exam
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of WordPress CMS
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with data-driven reporting and storytelling
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Contribute openly regarding recommendations, research, strategies, and efficiencies
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Effectively plan and organize your day-to-day priorities — handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor