Freelance Email Marketing Specialist
Do you have a passion for digital marketing?
Are you inspired to create a quality online presence for a business? Do you have a mind for data-driven analysis and storytelling? Do you continually seek to improve the quality of your work?
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, residential, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
Email Marketing Specialist
The person in this role will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and executing email marketing initiatives for each of our clients using our agency-level marketing tool, Act-On. In this role, you will be responsible for building out email campaigns with the provided assets from the creative team, including copy and art.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- 2+ years of email marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and the Gravity Forms plug-in
- Ability to edit HTML and CSS
- Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience in other digital marketing services, such as web development, is a plus
Please show some examples of email campaigns that you have developed and deployed.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Email Marketing Skills
- Create, test, and schedule email campaigns within our agency-level marketing platform, Act-On
- Build landing pages in WordPress (using the Divi framework)
- Build a form within WordPress as well as within the marketing platform
- Report on email metrics and provide recommendations on next steps
- Capacity for creating email mock-ups and landing pages
- Responsible for being the last person to see an email and deploy the message to the correct audience
- Experience with A/B testing is a plus
- Understanding of WordPress CMS
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with data-driven reporting and storytelling
- Ability to work directly with a copywriter, a graphic designer, and a proofreader
- Contribute openly regarding recommendations, research, strategies, and efficiencies
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Effectively plan and organize your day-to-day priorities — handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor