Business Development Executive
Do you have an A-game approach to sales and marketing? Are you driven by “the close”?
Do you have a knack for connecting with new prospects? Know how to mine for lead generation gold? Do these qualities describe you — great attitude, team player, consistent, tenacious, solid communicator?
If you are fueled by the sales process, thrive to meet financial goals personally and for an organization, and are self-motivated with a coachable mentality, this could be the best position for you!
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
You will work with the business development executive to outline and close new business opportunities for the organization.
Business Development Executive
The business development executive is responsible for building sales opportunities for the organization by identifying and developing contacts for potential new business. The ideal candidate will have 1- to 2-years of experience selling for a services-oriented company, have proven experience in building a pipeline through cold-calling and online research, and have a proven track record of success by demonstrating a closing percentage of 40-50% of presentations delivered.
The business development executive will be responsible for the following key initiatives:
- Developing a prospecting list from databases provided, online research, and cold-calling efforts.
- Placing 40-60 calls per day to generate consistent weekly discovery meetings
- Building a pipeline of new opportunities for the organization
- Working with the business development manager to understand weekly activities and goals for meetings, proposals, and closures
- Presenting Catalyst services with clarity and confidence
- Developing proposals for potential clients
- Serving as the primary liaison between the agency and the prospect during the pre-client and onboarding phases
- Complete key documentation as outlined in training for proper client hand-off
- Business Development
- Define a 30-, 60-, 90-day growth plan in conjunction with the manager to outline key monthly and quarterly pipeline and revenue goals
- Complete a 30-, 60-, 90-day training program as outlined by the sales manager
- Prepare weekly inputs into sales opportunities for review in a team revenue huddle
- Adhere to the Catalyst sales process as outlined in training
- Demonstrated commitment to grow in industry knowledge
- Identification and solicitation of prospective clients within the multifamily, mixed-use real estate industry and other verticals as assigned, via networking, research, phone calls, email communication, etc.
- Maintain a sales pipeline for prospective client opportunities and update records in Salesforce for proper tracking and reporting
- Deliver a weekly sales report utilizing the Salesforce application
- Maintain proposal template reflective of current rates and services for use by other sales team members
- Subscribe to key industry publications and media alerts to identify new business opportunities
- Attend business conferences with the intent of networking to build opportunities as assigned
- Gain full understanding of Catalyst and Campus Advantage to determine the correct strategies and tactics to pitch to a prospective client
The business development executive candidate should demonstrate competence in some or all the following:
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. (Grammar, spelling, and punctuation.) Complete discovery documentation and client onboarding documentation with detail to showcase initial close and further opportunity.
- Attitude: Demonstrate positivity, be coachable and demonstrate a desire to learn.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve business development processes for the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Outline new business opportunities and ideas for pitches based on sales prospecting tactics.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, complete a weekly schedule using provided methods, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- 1-2 years of experience in “hunting” and the consultative selling approach.
- Proven track record of revenue growth. Demonstrate call activity leading to closures.
- Proven closure rate of over 40% of proposals pitched.
The potential sales executive will be given a test that applies to the sales role to showcase selling techniques and approaches.
Please include sales metrics in your cover letter, along with a description of why you would be the best fit for this position.