Posted by shawn
- Social media is ageist.
- 95% of 18-31 y/o are online.
- 30% of 74+ y/o are online.
- Older adult adoption of online has quadrupled since 2008.
- 8% of seniors live at home and 27% of them live alone.
- They fear moving into a facility more than death.
Video: AARP – Jody Holtzman, SVP of Thought Leadership
- 100 million people are seniors, a third of the U.S.
Catalyst focuses on having seniors engage in social media: Seniors In Touch – Keeping Families Connected
What they have learned about ways to transform engagement with seniors using social media:
- Seniors are sometimes prompted to go online to avoid missing out on what is going on with their family.
- Making things easier to use online is key.
- Industry expert: Gary Moulton – Microsoft (Resource: www.microsoft.com/enable)
- 60% of Boomers are taking care of their parents
- Seniors use electronic health records more than Millennials (PHRs: Personal Health Records)
- Will 2012 be the year of the heath care start-up? – Inc.
- Seniors can really get into planning for their next trip.
- Telling Their Own Story
- Seniors want to share with people that are going to listen