Reputation Management Specialist
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, residential, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
Reputation Management Specialist
The person in this role will be responsible for managing the online reputation of our clients. You will be provided insight, direction, and strategy for managing the reputation of our properties and be expected to work according to this plan, while providing insight into ways to better the program.
This role requires a person that has strong phone and writing skills. The duties of the reputation specialist involve proactively calling and responding to incoming phone calls with clients to understand the background situations behind each review, and then effectively and efficiently respond to all reviews (positive, neutral, or negative) posted on a variety of online platforms. Review responses are expected to be same-day responses, and the specialist will also be included on an alert platform for crisis situations to ensure contextual knowledge and receive response direction. The reputation specialist will also be trained and expected to understand when to escalate a negative review scenario to our PR firm for more delicate handling.
In addition to monitoring the web for new occurrences of property reviews, the online reputation specialist will also assist in executing a plan to increase perceived online reputation measured by the ORA scores of each property, set benchmarks and goals for the program, and report on progress.
This individual will also be responsible for creating performance reports with reputation trends and recommendations to the client. Reporting will be performed at the client level, as well as vice president and executive levels across the broader organization. Must be comfortable presenting and speaking in front of all groups to inform, educate, and inspire participation in the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, or a related field is a plus
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- Must demonstrate excellent and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of common online review platforms including, but not limited to, Google, Facebook and Yelp is a plus
- Experience in student housing, commercial real estate, multifamily housing, university marketing, senior living, finance, or real estate development is a plus
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to build brand identity through a consistent voice across multiple properties and platforms
- Ability to strategically draft responses to increase perceived online reputation, post the response, and log the responses within internal tools
- Ability to report online reputation on a monthly basis with data trends and recommendations
- Ability to work with clients to ensure personal and appropriate responses via phone calls
- Ability to perform audits on all review platforms without relying on system notifications
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all responses include correct client information and property policies
- Effectively plan and organize priorities – working with multiple clients efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards