Do you have a passion for marketing and leading accounts?
Do you like brainstorming ways to get results for customers? Is a team mentality what drives you? Are you driven by seeing your hard work pay off into positive financial results for yourself and your company?
If you are ready to work for a fast-growing, close team of marketing gurus, we want to talk to you.
Catalyst is a full-service marketing agency serving off-campus student housing properties, multifamily properties, universities, and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in branding and marketing efforts that assist our clients in leasing up to their desired goal.
The pace at Catalyst is fast, and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients, so we are looking for someone that can work well independently, is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and loves working in a team-oriented environment.
You will work directly with the team to build strategies and campaigns, lead conversations with our customers regarding project status and performance, and work to grow opportunities with our current customers.
The Account Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the day-to-day relationships, strategic direction, and projects with key client contacts.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in agency account management or managing multiple properties is a requirement
- Must demonstrate working with a variety of clients and projects
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of digital marketing (email marketing, PPC, SEO, remarketing), social media, and traditional advertising projects
- Client experience in student housing, commercial real estate, multifamily housing, university marketing, senior living, finance, or real estate development is a plus
- Experience with organizational tools such as Basecamp and Clients & Profits is a plus
Please indicate account growth, process improvements, team awards, or other successes in your cover letter.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Relationship Management
- Earn and keep each client’s respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance, and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each client’s business – their key issues, competitive situation, performance indicators, and industry trends
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team
- Effectively balance the dual expectations of your clients and the agency
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the account leadership team in time for the agency to act proactively
- Assist the account team with the development of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Monitor current client budgets and work closely with the account services team to develop areas of opportunity and revenue growth
- Provide direction and training to clients on a variety of topics as assigned
Staff and Project Leadership
- Work with the project manager on key project needs, and to set budgets and timeline expectations
- Effectively gather project requests and details associated for proper estimating
- Create project briefs and strategic briefs
- Demonstrate an investment in, and communicate effectively with, the agency/client team to develop and support a positive mindset about the work, the client, and the agency staff that is involved
- Establish a rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to your account(s) – acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs, remaining open to considering multiple points of view
- Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making
- Effectively incorporate senior staffers from account management as well as other departments as project objectives or issues warrant
- Must be self-driven and able to review and find efficiencies regarding the account services department
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Effectively plan and organize your day-to-day priorities – handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively, and productively
- Provide effective and efficient oversight of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered as promised in terms of time, budgets, and results
- Identify, classify, categorize, and be able to retrieve information as required by yourself and/or agency team members
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Effectively present the agency’s decisions, recommendations, and creative product to a range of client audiences
- Develop and demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings
- Be well rehearsed and prepared for the unexpected
- Make certain presentation support materials are consistent and in line with the agency’s expectations of quality
- Provide clear, thorough written direction to staff and customers
- Be confident and comfortable in spending time on the phone with customers
- Deliver concise, accurate, and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
- Develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers
- Contribute to project and/or annual client planning documents
The Account Manager should be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, time-tracking system, and other key tools utilized by the agency.